Sooter Heena Sidhu Biography, Net worth, Family
Heena Sidhu is another example of a female player who has risen to prominence in the field of shooting. Learn about his success story.
Many women have emerged in the sports world in the past. No matter what field they are in, women are breaking all societal barriers to advance. Heena Sidhu is another example of a female player who has risen to prominence in the field of shooting.
In today’s article, we’ll tell you about Heena Sidhu’s inspiring story.
After all, how did Heena of Punjab achieve a different position in the shooting field?
Who exactly is Heena Sidhu?
Heena Sidhu is a well-known shooter who has helped India advance in the field of shooting. Heena was born on August 29, 1989, in Ludhiana, Punjab. Heena was born in the home of her maternal grandmother, but she now lives in Patiala. Heena learned to shoot from her father, Ranbir Singh, a national shooter, and her uncle, a gun scavenger. This is why Sidhu was introduced to firearms as a child.
When did you decide to pursue a career as a shooter?
- Heena was given a toy gun to play with as a child because of the shooting culture in the house.
- Heena first expressed her desire to use a gun to her uncle when she was six years old.
- That gun had been delivered to Indrajit to be repaired.
- When Heena expressed his desire, the uncle handed over the gun.
- Heena had no desire to be a shooter.
- Heena, despite being born into the shooter’s family, aspired to be a doctor as a child.
- He did, however, enjoy shooting a gun as a hobby since childhood.
- Heena had no idea that one day she would be the world’s best shooter.
Heena Sidhu’s medal haul
- Heena began her career as a photographer in 2006.
- She was admitted to the Patiala Club as a result of her performance.
- Heena competed in the ISSF World Cup in Beijing in 2009, where she won a silver medal to begin her career.
- In the year 2013, history was made.
- Heena Sidhu made history in 2013 when she won the gold medal in the ISSF game in Munich.
- She was the first female athlete to win a gold medal in this sport.
- Heena competed in the 2016 Olympics.
- Heena competed in the 2016 Summer Olympics for the second time.
- However, he did not receive a medal this year.
- Heena refuses to take part in the game.
- Heena received a lot of attention in 2016.
- In fact, the Asian Airgun Championship was to be held in Tehran that year, and all players were required to wear the hijab.
- Heena withdrew her name from the game due to this rule.
In 2018, a new record was set.
Heena competed in the Commonwealth Games in 2018. While she won silver in the 10m pistol rifle, Heena won gold in the 25m pistol rifle and set a record by hitting the target 38 times out of 50 shots. Heena is an inspiration to many women in the country. Heena received the Arjuna Award in 2021 for her outstanding performance.
This is the story of shooter star Heena Sidhu; if you enjoyed it, please like and share it, and stay connected with every life for more information.