I Woke Up a Vampire Renewed for Season 2 on Netflix: Everything We Know
Netflix and the Canadian network Family Channel have renewed the kids-flavored Halloween title I Woke Up a Vampire for a second season.
The show, which follows a 13-year-old girl who discovers she’s a vampire, was initially developed under the name Fanger for Netflix and later evolved to become I Woke Up a Vampire. WildBrain is behind the series, with Tommy Lynch behind the title. Lynch is perhaps best known for The Secret World of Alex Mack for Nickelodeon.
On her thirteenth birthday, Carmie Henley (Kaileen Chang) discovers she’s a “Vampling” with newfound powers. With her best friend, Kev (Niko Ceci), she navigates her dual identity while dealing with puberty, a school musical, and a relentless vampire hunter. Her journey of self-discovery is complicated by her desire to be acknowledged and her need for secrecy. The cast also includes Zebastin Borjeau, Ana Araujo, Aaliyah Cinello, and Kris Siddiqi.
The show is marketed under Netflix’s “After School” banner and dropped on Netflix on October 17th following its premiere on Family Channel in Spring 2023.
Since debuting on Netflix, it’s featured in not only the kid’s top 10s but also the TV top 10s in scores of countries. According to FlixPatrol, at least 84 regions have seen the show feature in their TV top 10s for a number of days or for its entire stint on the service thus far. At the time of publishing on October 23rd, the show was still the fourth most-watched title in the US TV top 10s and number 1 on the kids charts.
While Netflix has yet to officially announce a release date for season 2, it’s likely that the new episodes will drop in late 2023 or early 2024. The show was given an upfront order for two seasons, so we can expect to see at least 16 episodes of I Woke Up a Vampire in total.
Here’s what we know about season 2 of I Woke Up a Vampire so far:
- The new season will pick up where the first season left off, with Carmie still trying to navigate her dual identity as a vampire and a human.
- We can expect to see more of Carmie’s powers develop, as well as her relationships with her friends and family.
- The new season will also introduce some new characters, including a new vampire hunter who is even more determined to capture Carmie.
If you’re a fan of kids’ shows with a supernatural twist, then you’ll definitely want to check out I Woke Up a Vampire. It’s a fun and heartwarming show that is sure to appeal to viewers of all ages.
Why You Should Watch I Woke Up a Vampire
If you’re a fan of Netflix shows like Stranger Things and Wednesday, then you’ll definitely want to check out I Woke Up a Vampire. It’s a fun and heartwarming show with a supernatural twist that is sure to appeal to viewers of all ages.
Here are just a few reasons why you should watch I Woke Up a Vampire:
- It’s a relatable story. Carmie is a normal 13-year-old girl who just happens to be a vampire. She’s dealing with all the same things that other 13-year-old girls are dealing with, like puberty, school, and friends. But she also has to deal with the added challenge of being a vampire.
- It’s funny. The show has a great sense of humor, and the cast is full of talented comedic actors. You’ll find yourself laughing out loud on a regular basis.
- It’s heartwarming. At its core, I Woke Up a Vampire is a story about friendship, family, and self-acceptance. It’s a show that will make you feel good.
When Will Season 2 of I Woke Up a Vampire Be Released on Netflix?
Netflix has yet to announce an official release date for season 2 of I Woke Up a Vampire. However, since the show was given an upfront order for two seasons, it’s likely that the new episodes will drop in late 2023 or early 2024.
We’ll keep you updated as soon as we have more information